Thursday, June 7, 2007

To end the suspense...

I suppose I left a few cliffhangers at the end of my last blog. Well, we can all breathe a sigh of relief...

Update 1: Custom Mug Assignment... It's finished! So the new batch came out without cracks, but because of the different clay, the color
was slightly lighter and they were more prone to warping (resulting in oval mugs). I was able to present the bride with 17 mugs - as ordered. And to make sure she knew I wasn't slouching on the job, I did tell her about the 13 that cracked and I gave her 8 other extra ones that were functional, but oval shaped...

Update 2: The Karate School... We spent all of Memorial Weekend painting (with my mom's help) and got new carpet the following Thursday. Then, June 1st, the first day of Hurricane Season, Tropical Storm Barry decided to test our roof at the retail
space. Unfortunately, the roofers weren't thorough, so we awoke on Saturday when our neighbor called to tell us that water was leaking onto our new carpet! Not the way to start the day. But we are planning on starting classes in four days and we are praying that God sends the students! So we are going strong, but not stressed (yet!).

Update 3: Hurricane Sock Party... I got my package sent June 1 (barely) and I received mine too! I got a GREAT package (and I hope my partner feels like she did too!). I got a great peach colored sock made out of bamboo yarn! Not to mention a great yarn tote, CANDY, and some fun gadgets, knitting markers and a magazine (take a look at the pictures!). My kids confiscated the inflatable raft (missing from the photo!). I'm afraid to look through the magazine (I have too much going on right now to find more projects to knit!). But I'm really looking forward to it - I'm saving it for a rainy day - maybe even a hurricane!

So, for now, I'm writing paperwork for our karate school, reading Horatio Hornblower for fun fiction, knitting a Christmas stocking (a friend ordered 4), knitting a 2-piece outfit for my sister's Barbie and babysitting my mom's Pug while she is in Texas waiting for my sister to have a baby!
Nothing new here!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Have you finished the Barbie outfit? I'd love to see it!